CTP insurance is compulsory in New South Wales (Australia) and covers the cost of compensation if you or anyone else driving your vehicle causes an accident where someone else is injured. It doesn’t cover you for damage to your vehicle, or other people’s vehicles or property in the event of an accident, this may be covered by comprehensive car insurance. Comprehensive car insurance may cover the cost of repairs to your car, or someone else’s car or property for damage, caused by a range of insured events such as collision, fire, theft and weather.